The Open Spaces Theatre Festival, in association with 4th Line Theatre, is seeking submissions for original theatre productions. With Covid-19 creating many job losses within the arts, The Open Spaces Theatre Festival aims to reengage the community in a safe manner, while creating work and funds for artists and local theatre companies. Our festival is invested in creating a safe and healthy experience for both artists and audience members.
Each chosen production will be provided with an outdoor venue (ex. backyard, park, parking lot) to perform at during the run of the festival. The venue will be attached to a local theatre company and will have one other show being performed on a rotating roster. Each show will run for a total of 6 performances between September 24-27, 2020. 100% of the box office sales will be paid to the production, less a $2 dollar donation per ticket is given to the theatre company attached to each venue. The Festival team will support the productions in a variety of ways including advertising, box office, front of house staff, volunteers, and Covid-19 safety guidelines.
The shows need to be:
- 45-minutes in length.
- Original works – they can be productions that have already been performed.
- Able to provide their own tech/props.
- Able to adhere to all Covid-19 safety guidelines.
- Small cast size (recommended maximum of four performers).
- Send a cover letter introducing the artist(s) involved and explaining the proposed production. A breakdown of the show including the amount of space needed to perform; the setting and how an outdoor venue will compliment it; cast size.
- Any support material – e.g. sample of the script, artists’ CV.
Please send all applications to email@example.com
with the subject “The Open Spaces Arts Festival Application.”The deadline for submissions is August 24, 2020.